Nicole by Sarah Monzon

 



Nicole by Sarah Monzon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



View all my reviews









Nicole by Sarah Monzon is the third book in her "Sewing in SoCal" series, and the first one I read by this author. 
It can be perfectly read as a stand-alone, it does refer to events in the previous 2 books, but it doesn´t feel as if one needs to read them to get this story.

This book focuses on Nicole, a sassy single mom with a zeal for saving the Earth. 
A bit self-deprecating, good sense of humour, and (most of the time) sure of herself, a picturebook example of today´s strong women. The author, however, still managed to portray her in such a way that she felt real
The men in the story might have been a bit too perfect (except the a** Nicole has a date with at the beginning of the book, but he served his purpose too).


I was hoping for a light and airy read, and didn´t find it in this book. Mainly because one or two of the themes hit too close to home for me.
But that is okay, it is still a lovely read, and even though it wasn´t what I expected, it touched me. 

Definately worth to put on your want-to-read list. (You´ll have to wait only a short time, expected publishing date is January 7th 2021). 



Note: I received an ARC for this book through Netgalley for review, this did not alter or influence my opinion of the book. 

Comments