SciFi & Fantasy Saturday: Cursed (The Watchers #1) - S.J. West

Gasp! I read another Paranormal Romance... Apparantly, these things are like viruses: Once you caught the bug, it's hard to get rid off...

Cursed (The Watchers, #1)Cursed by S.J. West
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 stars, rounded up because I'm feeling generous (and apolgetic, I made some snarky remarks about this whilst reading).

This is not a book I would have picked to read, under normal circumstances. But I was doing a reading challenge, and the book had to feature an angel. This was one of the first ones that came up, and actually, I'm glad I read it.

To be fair, I didn't like the first 30% of the book. I do have to admit, I was in a foul mood, and so made a lot of snarky updates. Around the 40% mark, I started laughing. And around 65-70% I felt like I just HAD to know how the story continued.

Originally, I wanted to describe this as Twilight with a touch of Final Destination, but it's really more like True Blood, especially (SPOILER ALERT: with all the vampires, werewolves and shifters fallen angels fawning over the main character END SPOILER).

Anyways, it was actualy a fun and gripping story, once I got into it. And the other 2 parts of the trilogy are going onto my tbr. (I do currently have a paranormal romance overdose, I read to many stories in this genre lately, and it's actually one of my least favourite genres. That being said, me giving this 3.5 stars is really something).

View all my reviews

Comments